The Division of Taxation began mailing applications for the 2016 Senior Freeze (Property Tax Reimbursement) on February 17, 2017 to senior citizens and disabled residents. Please Note: An extension has been issued for filing an application. The deadline to file is OCTOBER 18, 2017. (The deadline for filing applications was originally June 1, 2017.) If you do not receive a booklet, you can call the number below and order one, or you may come to the municipal building and request a book. The reimbursement will be paid by check sometime in late 2017.
If you are filing for the first time, you may need to request an application (blue book) at the municipal building. You will fill out the income information, and then bring the booklet to the tax collector window to have your paid taxes certified by the tax collector. Only applicants whose 2015 and 2016 income did not exceed $87,007 are eligible to receive a reimbursement payment, provided they meet all the other requirements. The Division will notify those applicants that they are not eligible.
For additional information contact the following:
- To ask questions or to order an application: 1-800-882-6597 (8:30am to 4:30pm, Monday-Friday, except on State holidays)
- To check the status of a filed application: 1-800-882-6597
- To listen to information: 1-800-323-4400
- In-Person Assistance at Taxation Regional Offices: (8:30am to 4:30pm, Monday-Friday, Except on State holidays) www.state.nj.us/treasury/taxation/ot1.shtml
- Online Information: www.state.nj.us/treasury/taxation/ptr/index.shtml
- Text Telephone Service (TTY/TDD) for Hearing Impaired Users: 1-800-286-6613 or 609-984-7300
- Taxation Email Address for Senior Freeze and General Tax Questions: firstname.lastname@example.org