Tuesday, November 7, 2023 General Election This is a county-wide election.
Early in-person voting available Saturday, October 28th through Sunday, November 5th.
There will be THREE ways to vote this November…
1. Vote early in person from Saturday, October 28 thru Sunday, November 5 at one of three Early Vote Centers in the county:
- Cochran House Building, Level PL, 83 Spring St. in Newton
- Sussex-Wantage Branch Library, Wantage, Google Maps Link
- Louise Childs Branch Library, Stanhope, Google Maps Link
2. Vote early by mail-in ballot; the last day to request a mail-in ballot for the November 7 election is Tues., Oct. 31. After October 31st, voters can apply in person to vote a paper ballot at the Clerk’s Office up through Monday, November 6 before 3 p.m.
3. Vote on Election Day, in person using a voting machine at your assigned polling place. Election Day polls open from 6 a.m. to 8 p.m. All Stanhope Residents Vote at the American Legion, 119 Route 183.
Registered voters will receive a Sample Ballot in the mail 10-13 days before Election Day, which will provide the address information for the Vote Centers, as well as voting hours.
NOTE! If you’re a voter who is scheduled to receive a mail-in ballot for the upcoming election, but you would rather vote early in person at the polls, you should opt off the vote-by-mail list before ballots are mailed. Ballots for primary and general elections are mailed 45 days prior to Election Day.
KNOW BEFORE YOU GO! If you have questions about how the 2023 elections are going to be conducted, call the Sussex County Board of Elections Office at 973-579-0900.