In light of recent events and in order to protect the public health, the Stanhope Municipal Building will be closed to the public until further notice. The Borough’s employees will remain ready to assist you.
The general public can now pre-register, this will allow you to input your personal contact information, health insurance, and demographic information. It will also allow you to schedule an appointment if you are immediately eligible based on screening questions.
To sign-up, visit : https://covidvaccine.nj.
Additional COVID-19 Vaccine Information can be found at:
Vaccine Update January 13, 2021 – Governor Murphy announced today that individuals 65 years old and older and individuals between the ages of 16-24 with medical conditions that increase the risk of severe illness from contracting COVID-19, as defined by the CDC, (Certain Medical Conditions and Risk for Severe COVID-19 Illness | CDC ) may begin receiving the COVID-19 vaccine on January 14, 2021 .
The State continues to administer Phase 1A of its vaccination plan which includes healthcare workers; long-term care facility residents; and law enforcement officers, firefighters, and other first responders.
Vaccine Information for Senior Citizens who need assistance to register for the vaccine or have transportation needs. (See Below)
- Seniors who are unable to access the internet may call the Sussex County Division of Senior Services at 973-579-0555 for help registering for a vaccination appointment.
- Seniors in need of transportation to vaccination sites located throughout Sussex County can contact Skylands Ride at 973-579-0480 for assistance. When possible, please contact Skylands Ride prior to registering for your COVID-19 vaccination so that transportation can be coordinated with your scheduled vaccination date.
- Seniors who have questions related to COVID19 may call the Sussex County COVID Hotline Monday through Friday 9 am to 4 pm at 973-579-9488.
- Currently, there are 4 vaccination sites in Sussex County. Please see information below.
Sussex County Department of Health Press Releases for January 22, 2021
Find a COVID-19 Testing Site:
Click below to locate a testing site near you. https://covid19.nj.gov/pages/testing#test-sites
Current Testing Info
Click Box “Get Tested”
On next page scroll to bottom and enter zip code.
Map shows locations to receive a test.
Also note below “COVID Test At-Home”
There are 2 choices now:
Grief & Loss Support Offered by Atlantic Health
Atlantic Health has an ongoing webinar on Grief and Loss Support occurring Wednesdays at Noon. Grief and Loss Support Flier
SOCIAL SECURITY OFFICE
Social Security remains committed to providing uninterrupted benefits and vital services the public relies on, especially during the current coronavirus pandemic. Despite challenges government and businesses face at this time, Social Security wants people to know they remain ready and able to help by phone with most Social Security matters.
Local community members who live in ZIP Codes 07416, 07418 – 19, 07422, 07428, 07439, 07460 – 62, 07821 – 22, 07826 – 27, 07837, 07839, 07843, 07848, 07851, 07855, 07860, 07871, 07874 – 75, 07877, 07879, 07881, and 07890 may speak with a representative by calling the local Newton Social Security office at 1-877-575-5189 or our National 800 Number at 1-800-772-1213 (1-800-325-0778 TTY). For people who live in other parts of the area, Social Security provides local office phone numbers conveniently online Social Security Office Locator, at www.ssa.gov/locator.
Although the offices are not providing service for walk-in visitors, they may be able to schedule an appointment for limited, critical issues if someone needs help that cannot be provided by phone or online.
Please utilize Social Security’s secure and convenient online services to:
- Apply for Retirement, Disability, and Medicare benefits,
- Check the status of an application or appeal,
- Request a replacement Social Security card (in most areas),
- Print a benefit verification letter, and
- Much more.
Most business with SSA can be done online but we know that many people still rely on phone or in-person help. That’s why we want people to know they can still count on us by phone.
Lastly, Social Security knows that getting medical and other documentation can be difficult due to the pandemic. The deadlines continue to be extended wherever possible.
COVID-19 Child Care Tuition Assistance Program
The applications for the COVID-19 Child Care Tuition Assistance Program open today, September 21, 2020. Eligible families in need of child care for their school age children as schools have opened remotely can apply online at www.childcarenj.gov/COVID19.
The tuition assistance is part of $250 million plan announced last month by Governor Murphy to support working families and child care. This new program will provide tuition assistance to New Jersey families with incomes up to $75,000 in need of either full or part-time child care depending on their school’s remote learning schedule. The department will consider applications until funding is exhausted.
Listed below you will find fliers with more information and details about the program including a Spanish version.
Food Pantry Services and Home Delivery Services:
Need food pantry home delivery? The Hunger Coalition stakeholders and the Sussex County Human Services Advisory Council are collaborating to create a safe, efficient method of food distribution for those in Sussex County.
A list of the most up-to-date food pantry services currently being offered can be found at https://www.sussex.nj.us/documents/coronavirus-2020/food-pantry-update.pdf.
NORWESCAP Pathways 2 Prosperity is offering food delivery services every Tuesday for those who are not able to drive or lack transportation. To request delivery service please call 973-862-6680 or email email@example.com for further details. For information regarding how you can contribute donations please contact Jennifer Salt at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Click Below to View the Sussex County Newsletter which contains a great deal of helpful information and links for assistance:
Sussex County Newsletter
COVID-19 Emergency Response Resource Directory contains contact information for a varied amount of sources within the County, State and US:
Emergency Response Resource Guide
Sussex County Board of Health Coronavirus Information:
NJ State COVID-19:
CDC Resource Guide
CDC COVID-19 RESOURCE GUIDE
Mental Health Association of New Jersey
A new video on the New Jersey State Parks and Forests Facebook page also illustrates these recommendations: Video Outlining Rules for Visiting State Parks
NJ Temporary Rental Assistance Program:The DCA is pleased to announce the COVID-19 Emergency Rental Assistance Program, which will provide temporary rental assistance to selected low and moderate income households who have experienced unemployment or reduced income due to the pandemic. For more information on the program and how to apply, visit https://www.nj.gov/dca/divisio
Coronavirus Information: For additional information regarding COVID-19 go to the Board of Health Page on this website for links and contact information to various County and State Sites.
PLEASE NOTE BOROUGH INFORMATION:
- Borough business will be conducted by email, postal mail and by telephone.
- Garbage and Recycling pick up continues as per schedule
- The Recycling Center will remain open on Wednesday and Saturday as per schedule.
- Borough Parks will remain open for public use.
- Dog and Cat license renewals may be either mailed in or placed in the door dropbox. Once the license is processed, it will be mailed to you. No cash payment accepted.
- Notary Services are no longer available.
- Marriage Applications by appointment only. Contact Borough Clerk.
- Tax payments and water and sewer bill payments may be paid online, postal mail or in the door dropbox. Tax payments, water and sewer payments in the dropbox must be by check or money order. No cash payments.
- White goods and Tire disposal – Provide Name, address and telephone number, describe item for disposal and quantity along with payment. Fees are listed on Borough Calendar and on the website under Trash and Recycling. No cash payments accepted.
- Construction Department will operate on a modified schedule. Permit drop off at the dropbox.
- Contact Construction Department Regarding Resale & Rental Inspections .
- New Construction inspections will continue.
- Outdoor inspections will continue.
As this is a fast evolving situation thank you in advance for your cooperation.