In light of recent events and in order to protect the public health, the Stanhope Municipal Building will be closed to the public until further notice. The Borough’s employees will remain ready to assist you.
Notice is hereby given that the budget and tax resolution was approved by the Governing Body of the Borough of Stanhope, County of Sussex, on March 10, 2020.
A hearing on the budget and tax resolution will be held by the Mayor & Council on April 14, 2020 at 7:00 PM via Zoom meeting at which time and place objections to the Budget and Tax Resolution may be presented by taxpayers or other interested persons. Members of the public who wish to comment on the budget may do so by calling 1-646-558-8656, and reference Meeting ID: 725 160 7404.
Copies of the entire budget are available on the Borough’s website: stanhopenj.gov Click Here to View/Print PDF of 2020 Budget or located outside the Municipal Building, 77 Main Street, Stanhope, New Jersey, during the hours of 8:30 AM to 4:30 PM. Click Here to View/Print the Budget Summary and Notice
Revised Notice of Public Hearing Ordinance 2020-05 (Public Notice)Capital Ordinance Appropriating $20,550.00 for Various Improvements or Purposes Authorized To Be Undertaken by the Borough of Stanhope, in the County of Sussex, New Jersey
(Funding for a tilt deck equipment trailer, battery driven 18″ PPV fans and scene lighting for the Fire Department and repeater for the Police Department) Please click above to view the entire notice. Scheduled for second reading and final passage on April 14, 2020.
- All public meetings, with the exception of the regularly scheduled Borough Council meetings, are canceled.
- Borough business will be conducted by email, postal mail and by telephone.
- Garbage and Recycling pick up continues as per schedule
- The Recycling Center will remain open on Wednesday and Saturday as per schedule.
- Borough Parks will remain open for public use.
- Dog and Cat license renewals may be either mailed in or placed in the door dropbox. Once the license is processed, it will be mailed to you. No cash payment accepted.
- Notary Services are no longer available.
- Marriage Applications by appointment only. Contact Borough Clerk.
- Tax payments and water and sewer bill payments may be paid online, postal mail or in the door dropbox. Tax payments, water and sewer payments in the dropbox must be by check or money order. No cash payments.
- White goods and Tire disposal – Provide Name, address and telephone number, describe item for disposal and quantity along with payment. Fees are listed on Borough Calendar and on the website under Trash and Recycling. No cash payments accepted.
- Construction Department will operate on a modified schedule. Permit drop off at the dropbox.
- Rental inspections suspended.
- Resale inspections will continue at this time.
- New Construction inspections will continue.
- Outdoor inspections will continue.
As this is a fast evolving situation thank you in advance for your cooperation.
Coronavirus Information: For information regarding COVID-19 go to the Board of Health Page on this website for links and contact information to various County and State Sites.