- This event has passed.
Primary Election Day 6am-8pm
June 8, 2021 @ 6:00 am
Primary Election Day in New Jersey this year is Tuesday, June 8.
All regular polling places in Sussex County will be open. 6:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m.
ALL STANHOPE BOROUGH VOTERS will be voting at the American Legion
(119 Route 183, Stanhope)
PLEASE NOTE: MASKS MUST BE WORN BY EVERYONE
• Voting is in-person using voting machines. Voters must vote in their assigned location (assigned location is
indicated on Sample Ballot or call the Election Office)
• Vote by Mail ballots are also available from the County Clerk’s Office upon request and can be returned in one of 3 ways:
• US Mail postmarked no later than Election Day June 8
• Board of Elections Office
o Office hours 8am – 4pm Monday thru Friday, Saturday June 5th from 9am-12pm.
• Any of 13 secure ballot drop boxes around the County.
Ballot Box Information:
o Accessible 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
o Ballots are picked up by Elections staff every morning.
o Drop boxes are locked at 8:00 p.m. on Election Day.
** (Note: Vote-by-Mail ballots cannot be returned to polling places on Election Day.)
• Voters can designate another person to return their paper ballot for them as noted on the ballot envelope. These “Bearers” can only return a total of 3 ballots, or 5 ballots if from the same household, in addition to
• Sample ballots will be sent to all registered voters approximately 2 weeks prior to Election Day. The sample ballot will include the voter’s assigned polling place.
• Primary elections are open to those registered voters who have declared a Democratic or Republican Party affiliation.
• Unaffiliated registered voters can go to their polling location on Election Day and declare a Democratic or Republican party affiliation and vote in the Primary.
• The deadline to register to vote in time for this Primary Election is Tuesday, May 18. The Board of Elections office will remain open until 9pm to accept new registrations.
• If a voter has moved within the County, they should call the Board of Elections to update their address so they can vote in their new town.
All polling places are inspected yearly for ADA Accessibility.
COVID 19 protocols will be observed – COVID supplies will be available at each location.
Any questions can be directed to the Election Office at 973-579-0950