As a member of the Sussex-Warren Area Energy Aggregation Program, the Borough of Stanhope is pleased to announce that the Co-Op has exceeded over $900,000 in savings for the residents collectively. To date, the following municipalities have joined the savings program: Andover Borough, Blairstown Township, Branchville Borough, Fredon Township, Frelinghuysen Township, Green Township, Hardwick Township, Harmony Township, Hope Township, Knowlton Township, Oxford Township and Stanhope Borough.
The key benefit to the Energy Aggregation Program is that the program offers residents a reduced rate versus JCP&L’s current price to compare on the supply portion of your electric bill. A large portion of those savings will find their way back into the local economy, benefiting the entire community!
Other benefits of joining include:
· Participating residents will still receive one bill per month from JCP&L.
· The rate offered is a flat rate that will be the same from month to month.
· Budget billing will be offered to any current budget bill plan customer.
· There are no fees to be a part of the program.
· You will continue to call JCP&L for service-related questions and outages.
Please note: No one will be calling or knocking on your door regarding this program. All information regarding this program is mailed through the US Postal Service. Please be wary of anyone trying to get your information otherwise. In addition, all current services such as delivery, meter readings, billing, payments, emergency services etc., are serviced through JCP&L, just as they are today.
This program will begin in March 2019 for a term of 22 months, at a rate of $0.0886/kwh through IDT Energy.